So... I haven't been feeling like myself, pretty much all week. Yesterday, however, was the absolute worst! I'm hardly ever sick and when I am, it's bearable. Yesterday, was totally unbearable! I wasn't achy...my body HURT, my head was hurting (like a sinus headache times 100), my chest burned when I coughed (dry cough) and a fever of 102.1! No doubt about it, I was SICK!
I left work early, because of my fever and went to an Urgent Care, because my doctor's office didn't have any open appointments. I was in Urgent Care for about 45minutes, when they told me they wouldn't see me, because of a past due amount from AUGUST! I totally knew about it, but planned to pay it... when I could. Okay, so August is about to roll around again, BUT, I honestly, haven't been able to pay it. My regular bills are my main priority, right now. Besides, they should not have taken unnecessary tests that weren't included in my insurance coverage, anyway! Whatever the case, they refused to see me.
I left there, miserable, by now, the bottoms of my feet are hurting and sweating... IN FLIP FLOPS!! My fever was crazy high, by now! I was driving, delirious, wearing sweat pants, t-shirt, and jacket in 80 degree weather, mind you. It was terrible! On the way home, I called my doctor's office to make an appointment for today. The earliest they could get me in was 1130am. I was fine with that, because by now, I'm thinking I'm going to meet my maker before the day is over. I really felt like I was dying...really! I was in so much pain, that even SLEEPING was a challenge, but I managed to get some rest. Somehow, I broke my fever and woke up this morning feeling almost 100% better (95% or so)!! Of course, I still had to go to the doctor, because there's a $25 fee for canceling your appointment. The cancellation fee is more than my co-pay; needless to say I went.
They couldn't find anything wrong with me. All of yesterday's visible symptoms, pain, discomfort, and delirium were gone. With that being said, this lady (still NOT my physician) gave me an antibiotic for strep throat, when my throat was never even an issue. I never mentioned my throat at all!! She also told me not to go back to work until 24hrs AFTER I start taking the antibiotics (for something that isn't even bothering me). I'm thinking to myself, 'Hey lady, I've already missed a good 8hrs of work and you want to me miss another 8? Are you CRAZY???' I didn't say anything, though. She also recommended I take Tylenol every six hours AND mucinex (for a dry cough?? I thought that was supposed to help you with mucus/phlem?), in addition to my prescpription! By now, I'm certain that this lady is out of her MIND! I don't like to take medicine for cramps! I'm not taking 3 medicines at one time, when you can't even tell me what's wrong with me! That's just plain silly! That's why I don't like going to the doctor now.
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Doctors, you can die with 'em, can't die without 'em!
Posted by Shanika at 1:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment