About a month ago, I decided to add mobile web to my cell phone, to feed my Facebook addiction. BAD IDEA!!! I'm Shanika and I'm a Facebookoholic! I didn't know how much it cost, I thought I only had to pay the monthly subscription fee. Silly me, I didn't know that they charge you THAT, in addition to your airtime! I used 1,000 + minutes, in addition to the 900 minutes that I'm allowed each month! People were asking me about it, "how'd you get mobile web? How much does it costs?" I kept saying, "I don't know, guess I'll find out when the bill comes." I didn't even care, I was SO nonchalant about it!! Like I have money to throw away, really.
Well, the bill came today. I did expect to be a little bit more than the usual $80 or so. What I didn't expect was, $529.43!!!!!! I was driving to work, when I got the text message. Needless to say, upon reading it, my mouth hit the floorboard and my car slowed to a stop! I was REALLY takenaback! My exact words, when I regained my speech, were: "That's almost as much as my rent! Who pays that much for a cellphone bill?! That's ridiculous!!"
When I got to work, I called Verizon. I wanted to know what I could do about it, if anything. BUT, in the midst of all of this, I was surprisingly calm (now THAT is the peace of God). The girl I talked to informed me, ever so sweetly, that I could be put on a payment plan, PERIOD. Will you believe that I just shrugged my shoulders, said okay, and clocked in for work?
I didn't believe it, either!! That is PROOF that God is changing me, because had this been 7 or 8 months ago, I would have cried my eyes out! I would not have been able to get ANYTHING done, NOTHING!
So, I worked. Politics as usual. I told a few people about it, namely the ones who asked me how much mobile web would costs me, so they wouldn't make the same STUPID mistake! Still calm, in the midst of all of this $529.43, I accepted responsibility for my actions. This was MY fault. I should not have been so nonchalant about how much it would cost. I'm barely making it now! Anything extra is almost too much to handle! I made the mistake of assuming and neglected to get all the details. What am I saying?!! I didn't get ANY details, I just downloaded the application and got on Facebook, via my cell.
Mobile Web with Verizon Wireless is THE DEVIL!!! I just had to get that out, LOL!
I told my Mom about it and again surprised myself, this time, with the things I said. She told me, she felt sorry for me and I told her: "Apparently there is a lesson I must learn about money and how I utilize it. It's a hard one, but I will make it. I ALWAYS DO! " During naptime (the most peaceful part of our day), I prayed for God to have his way. I let him know that I accpeted my responsibility for this MESS and would be content either way, because I knew I'd be taken care of. I prayed that He'd receive the glory for whatever He did and left it at that.
On my lunch break, I called Verizon back and I talked with Priscilla. God moved through her and blessed me, with my very own miracle! My bill went from $529.43 to $132.82!! She added more minutes to my plan, just enough really, to cover ALL of the overage charges. She even promised to follow up with my account, HERSELF, and change it back to my "regular" plan, as soon as she could!
Can you say AMAZING!?!
Seeing God move, brought me to tears. It was such a small feat, for Him. I wouldn't have been able to handle it by myself, I would have lost myself, given up, I would have felt defeated for sure! That was before, though. NOW, I can see the devil staring me in the face and I can look AROUND him to see my blessing!! Seeing what God did for me, today, gives me so much MORE hope and faith for my future, as I continue to grow in Him!!!!! It can ONLY get better!!
Thursday, April 30, 2009
My Very Own Miracle...
Posted by Shanika at 9:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
How amazing!!!!!! GOD IS GOOD! Im so proud of you for accepting responsibility, even if it would have been over 500. I have to say this (and of course, with a hug and kiss and smile) YOU ARE A MAJOR FACEBOOK ADDICT LOLOL Im surprised the bill was only 500 :P Anyhoo-Im glad that your bill was so cheap and that you can move on with a smile. AMEN! (Vicki)
Post a Comment