The definition of an optical illusion, according to Dictionary.com is: a perception, of the visual stimuli that represents what is perceived in a way different from the way it is in reality. In Layman's terms, or MY terms, an optical illusion is your ability to perceive something different from the reality. A false perception, if you will and in the past month, I've been deceived by 3 (I know...) optical illusions of my own! I think it is my hopefulness that causes me to falter or it could be my ability to see the best in people. Whatever the case, I've been duped, 3 times too many!!!
First my childhood friend caught feelings for me. I grew up crushing on him and we even talked a little when we got older (college). BUT, I'm in a different place now and him having feelings for me wasn't something I was okay with. Why? Because, I didn't have any feelings for him! Once he knew that, he became pushy, evasive, and ANGRY because he couldn't have his way! It was a side of him that I'd never seen before. It was hard to letting go of my long time friend, but his feelings kept getting in the way. I can't help how I feel, or don't. So for now, as he put it, I had to "dump my friend."
Optical Illusion: Friendship
Then I met this great guy! We clicked and everything, but I felt like he wanted too much too fast. I wasn't ready to sacrifice my standards.
What? Every girl has them!
He was very emotional, sensitive even. I felt like I had to constantly stroke his ego and reassure him of his manliness. All in all, I guess I'm just not ready to deal with someone else's insecurities. I have my own to deal with.
Optical Illusion: Potential
Now, the last guy crept up on me. I wasn't even thinking of him like that! I don't even know where it all came from! He's just a guy I see and speak to every now and again. All of a sudden I start to notice how nice he is and his faith in God drew me in a little more. His chivalrous demeanor caught my eye next, then I realized just how "status-worthy" he was, BUT (there's always a but) he's WEIRD! He like a light switch! He's talking to me one second and the next he's all short with me, if he says anything at all! It's hard to tell how he feels and I don't feel like it's my job to figure it out. So, whatever with that!
Optical Illusion: Possibility & Potential
I'm just minding my own business. I'm not looking for this, but somehow I just keep getting the short end of the stick! It feels inevitable, at this point. If nothing else, I'm getting experience from all of this. I'm learning how to deal with these optical illusions, so each time it happens I'll be better equipped to deal. Next time, though I'm hoping there's not a lot of them, it won't catch me off guard so much. My message to you: Beware of Optical Illusions!
Sunday, June 7, 2009
Optical Illusions can be TRICKY!!
Posted by Shanika at 8:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment