BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, August 10, 2009

Epiphany...

So, I just started reading In the Meantime by Iyana Vanzant and so far, I LOVE IT!!! I'm still in the first chapter, but it's a real eye-opener. Between asking God to show me what I need to change in my life and reading this book, I'm goign to make some serious progress in the coming months.

I took my laptop with me for the ride to Atlanta, today (I'm on VACATION... finally) to keep myself occupied. For an hour or two, I spent some time organizing all the music files in my Windows Media Player. Music is transporter, if you will, it really takes you back in time and a lot of the music in my media player takes me back to different love relationships. With each mixed album I renamed/organized, I became more and more aware of just how much baggage I took from one relationship to another.

I'm really in awe. Looking back, I can see why so many of my relationships were unsuccessful. Now, I understand why I held on (2 1/2 years)when I should have let go (after 10 months). It explains wh my perception of relationships is so awry. It explains my unwillingness to trust fully and my need to question everything. In a nutshell, it REALLY explains a lot. Now that I know this, I'm getting rid of this excess baggage!!!! I'm not getting any younger and I know I'll be a great wife! Besides, my Mom is ready for grandchildren (LOL).

I think it's time to let go, so I don't miss my bus, like Erykah Badu warned...

0 comments: