Almost two weeks ago, my Mom and I went to Atlanta to visit her best friend, C. We had a blast, as always! While we were there, C mentioned her sisters prospering child care business in Charlotte. Her sister has two center open already and is ready to open her third. Most of you know me, so you know where this is going. For those of you who don't know, I just finished my Child Care Administration courses, in May and I'm ready to be an administrator (director, assistant, some kind of management)! However, when asked if I would relocate, I didn't give it thought. I said 'no,' flat out and didn't give it a second thought.
Once I got home, the thought crossed my mind right before bed, as I was praying. God reminded me that there's nothing holding me here. I looked up my apartment properties online and realized that I could transfer to another property in Charlotte, easy.
Since then, I've been praying about the situation, a lot. The more I pray, the more God shows me that this is what he wants. Yesterday afternoon, God gave me the month October, nothing specifically with it, just October. When I got ready to study, last night, I opened my Bible to Nehemiah 8. I hadn't planned to study Nehemiah, that's just where I opened the Bible. Verse 2 says: "So on October 8..." Coincidence? Not at all, that's SO like God!
At the end of this week, I'm taking sometime off. Originally, I had planned to attend the MJM debut at home in SC, but the date was pushed back. I'm still going home, but of course I have to go through Charlotte, so I'll be making some stops and visiting some apartments.. if this is where God wants me, I'm ready to get the ball rolling!
Queen City, here I come!
Sunday, August 23, 2009
... In the days ahead....
Posted by Shanika at 7:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Go FOR it...change is good and you'll have a management opprotunity! God bless you!
Post a Comment