BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Yes, I'm a CHRISTIAN!

I love God!
He's my #1!

In the past, I've put people and things before Him, but I have it under control now.   Living for God isn't new to me.  I was here before, except I was the "holier than thou" type.  I just KNEW I was better than everybody else, because I had Jesus and they didn't.  My perspective is different this time around, though and I want my life to speak so much louder than my words.  Everyday, my goal is to live a life that says I'm a Christian.  I feel that what I DO, should show my love for God, much more than what I say.  So, no, I don't go around casting out demons, anointing people, and speaking in tongues during casual conversation.  It's just not my thing.  I want to  live in such a way, that people look at me and say, "something is different about her."  I want the God in me to be seen.  If I have to broadcast it, then, (in my eyes) I'm doing something wrong.

In saying all of that, I still want to live.  Yes, I'm a Christian, but every other word from my mouth doesn't have to be a Bible verse.  My focus is on God and in everything I do, I'm seeking Him, but I can't wait for Him to strike me with a lightning bolt.  That's why He's given me the power to choose my own path and make my own decisions and since I'm seeking Him (now), I shouldn't be too far off course. When I do choose a path outside of His will, there are consequences, but every flower needs a little dirt to grow, right?  So, when people ask me how I'm doing, I don't have to say, "Blessed and highly favored!"  As long as my life speaks, it should be obvious.

So, the other day, I posted this status:  'Bindi on marriage: "He didn't ask me! Forget those procedures and things...when you have right person, Shanika, you don't wait! Get the ball rolling!"' Now, I always post the craziness Bindi says, because she's HILARIOUS to me!  Anyway, one of my Christian friends commented via text message, all serious!  They were all, both parties need to have God first in their lives and how both should seek God first before making the decision to be married and the whole time I'm thinking, "What?  It wasn't that serious.  Plus, I know this."  I shrugged it off.  Later, I posted something about wanting a good man, like the character Troy from Why Did I Get Married (who is SUPER FINE by the way) and they were all: "Oh you mean you want Christ?"  

At this point, I was a little annoyed.  I didn't feel like every status deserved a Biblical rebuttal and I didn't know where it was coming from, so I was confused too!  After some thought, I realized the error of my ways.  Just recently, I'd told this person that I'd been praying for people to connect with, who would encourage my spiritual growth.  I told them that I thought they were one of them and that's when our relationship took a turn!  You can't tell a person their purpose in your life, if it hasn't been revealed to them yet.  If you do, they'll try to do achieve it before the time and possibly miss the opportunity for God to use them.  We tried talking about it, but they weren't getting it.  They kept going on and on about how people ask for the truth, but then don't receive it when it's given to them.  My argument was the fact that I hadn't asked for anything.  They were serving up advice for free, when it wasn't asked for or even necessary.  

After it was all said and done, they were upset over nothing.  When a person says, "I think you'd be a good person for me to learn from," you don't have to start dishing out Biblical advice in every conversation.  What they're really trying to say is: Keep being you.  Because, what I see in you, is what I want to see more of, in me. 

1 comments:

BiG Kels said...

Ur an open book and thats what I really appreciate about u. Ur growth, just in the short time Ive known u, has been outstanding and fun to watch...so peep this with that lovely open heart of urs. U cant put ur life up 4 display and then complain about the unsolicited advice u recieve about it. People care...Especially Christians. Now, Im saying this cuz I know how intelligent u r...I know u can recieve this with understanding. Figured I should say something scince I kinda had the same initial reaction...now, Ive had some experience with speaking out of turn and I figured U knew what the real deal was ne way, so I kept my mouth shut. Though I felt like this needed to be said...even if u realize it already. Repeatition is the mother to all learning. So...catch ya lata. Peace