BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Loss = Gain

So,  today... I gave up my job.

Due to my own carelessness, I have been relieved of my teaching duties.  I could be upset about the whole situation, but I don't see the need.  While debating whether or not I would tell my director what had happened, I remembered that everything depends on what God decides to do (Romans 9:18); He's going to have his way, no matter what.  So, I prayed for Him to do just that and then I went and talked with my director.  After a few hours, she called me into the office and that was that. 

So, I came home and I dusted off the old resume.  As I was sitting in front the computer, looking at job after job posting on the Monster and CareerBuilder sites, I heard a tiny voice say: " How can God NOT bless you from this situation?"  I smiled at the thought.  When I stopped to think about all that's going on around me, I realized, nothing but GOOD can come from this!

First of all, I tithed last night!  There's really not much elaboration needed there.  God requires that you give Him what belongs to Him, which is merely a 10th of ALL that He's given you.  So that's that.  Second, I'm fasting--sacrificing something I love .. FOOD--so that I can stay focused on God and so that He can make me better than I've ever been!  Third, this whole situation came about, because of my HONESTY!  Had I not said anything, I still, might have had my job, but I wouldn't have been able to live with myself.  I didn't want to tell the director, because I already knew the outcome, but just last night, Pastor Andy mentioned not being controlled by our fears.  Yes, I was scared to be honest, because I knew it would compromise my comfort zone, but then I thought about my integrity.  So, I asked myself, 'Which is better? Having my job and stability? Or being someone that God can trust to be honesty?'  I chose to serve God, over myself. With such and awesome combination of things, that little voice was right.  How can God not bless me through all of this?

For about two weeks now, I've been saying that God must be about to do something big, because the devil has been everywhere I've turned, lately.  I believe that this is God's way of making room for my new job.   As much as I loved the school and my kids,  I never really settled in, there.  It was an awesome place to work, but to be honest, I was restless for the entire eight months!  I know God has something bigger for me and I want that!  For the first time in a long time, I finally feel like I'm on the right path.  So, I'm going to, in the words of my cousin, "Think big, so God can bless me big!"

Yes, this will definitely be a test of my faith, because I have no clue how things are going to work out, but I know God's got me.  It's not an accident that all of this is happening and I won't allow it to bring me down. Of course, I could. Looking at everything realistically, should make me panic.   No, as of right now, I don't have an income... at all.  After my next pay check, I don't know how things will get paid.  Bills are piling up and I'm sitting here with a smile on my face.  Even I want to slap myself! BUT, my comfort lies in knowing that GOD is bigger than ALL of those realities.  I have the most amazing peace, about all of this and I'm determined to remain faithful.  I am keeping my eyes on HIM and no matter what, I know He'll take care of me.

1 comments:

T.T said...
This comment has been removed by the author.