BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sweetest Thing I've Ever Known....

Here it comes... another optical illusion. The man is so close, yet so far; adorably sweet, sensitive to my feelings, he listens, and daggonit, he cares about me!! He says sweet things AND they are genuine, he has yet to disrespect me, I'm perfect in his eyes (he's said it a ZILLION times), he makes me laugh, he wants children, he wants to travel...MAN, I could love him! Shoot, I want to love him, BUT (there's always a but, right??).... sadly he's just not what I need.

At this point in my life, I need someone who is going to grow with me, spiritually. I live for God and being with someone who desires the same is of the utmost importance to me. As a matter of fact, it is #1 on my list. Just like everyone, he has some additional issues that can be ironed out given some time, but this is, pretty much, a no-go. As far as what I need/want in a mate, I am willing to compromise SOME things, but not this. I refuse!!

A year ago, he would have had me, hands down!! Everything is different now, though. I have no desire to even dance around the idea of "he and I." I just can't look past the fact that he's not where I am and doesn't seem to have that desire. He's the sweetest thing I've ever known, as Lauryn Hill would say. He would have been perfect for me, in another lifetime but....

If he's not moving forward and I'm not going back, there IS no compromise. We've got nothing.

OPTICAL ILLUSION: Love

0 comments: