BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

When did my JOB become... WORK??

I've been at this job for almost 3 1/2 years and I've always loved it, BUT...

The recent changes have REALLY sucked the life and joy, right out of it!  Don't get me wrong, there's never a dull moment with my kids, they always make me smile.  It's the people that surround me, that are making it hard for me to enjoy the overall preschool teaching experience.  It never felt like work before, but with each new day that passes, it feels more like it.  It's just not fun anymore. I feel contained and restricted, and as big as I am (I'm a LOT of person), it just isn't good for me.  They are suffocating my spirit and stifling my Free-To-Be personality. I used to look forward to going to work, now I have to drag myself out of bed, each morning.  It's horrible!  Even the relationships that I have come to rely on, are beginning to falter. No one seems happy anymore.  I can't stand it!

This shouldn't matter to me, so much, since I won't be there much longer anyway, right?  

SIDENOTE:  (Confused? read ".. In the Days Ahead..") 
Wrong!  It's bothering me.. .BIG TIME and though I haven't done anything to make things this way, I can't help but want to make them better.  The problem is, there's nothing I can do.  Relationships are being strained and frustration is heavy, in high dosages, making it that much harder to keep going.   I really feel like I'm running against the wind.  I trying to my best to keep everyone happy, but even my best efforts aren't good enough. 

In all of this, I have to remember that my goal is to please God, like Paul said in Galatians 1:10, "Obviously, I’m not trying to win the approval of people, but of God. If pleasing people were my goal, I would not be Christ’s servant."  I have to remember that I can't do both.  Yes, it's getting harder and harder to maintain, but there's a reason why I'm still working there, and I will be there until my purpose is fulfilled.  I just have to be patient, especially since I know "God blesses those who patiently endure testing," (James 1:12), because they are most certainly TESTING me!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

you never know what you really had untill it is gone.

What made it so differnet before than the change now at work?

God is blessing you daily and appreicate what made you enjoy your job before and take that with you forever!