BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, December 7, 2008

The problem with the past...

The past few days have been crazy for me. From Thursday up until yesterday I've dealt with an array of emotions. Thursday night I was angry, Friday I was distraught, and last night, I spent most of the night pre-judging people. Situations from my past are affecting my present day and I DON'T LIKE IT! That's the problem with the past, if you don't let go of it.. it can RUN AND RUIN your future! Now that I've realized the error of my ways, I plan to make some serious changes. First, I let go of that anger and forgave the people that made me so angry and I've decided to let God worry about my day to day problems, so I'm not walking around all down and distraught.

Now, about this pre-judgement stuff; I've met so many jerks (male and female) that it's often hard for me to give new people a chance. I'm always comparing them; putting them in the same boat with the people from my past who have hurt me, misused me, talked bad about me, and etc. The bad part is, these new people aren't always like that and judging them too soon (shoot, judging them at all) can run them away. Ultimately, I end up missing out on a blessing because I let my past get in the way. My goal is to "put my behind in my past," just like Pumbaa said in Lion King, LOL! I mean, the past is the past because it has already passed...so WHY should it be lingering around in my present, screwing my future?!

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

What more can I ask for?

0 comments: