BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The 44th President of the United States of America...

Today was a beautiful day in history! As I sat here watching him, being sworn in, all i could say was WOW. Millions were there, to witness, Martin Luther King Jr's dream come true. Millions were there, standing in place of the loved ones they lost, from the war in Iraq, all the way back to the Civil Rights Movement. Millions were there in awe as I was, here at home.

"What the cynics fail to understand is that the ground has shifted beneath them..."
-Barack H. Obama

Words cannot express my sense of pride. The cynics, that he spoke of in the above quote, don't seem to understand that he isn't just another president for "US". He is our past, overcome, our present hope, and America's leader into better future. He said it best, when he said, "...a man whose father less than sixty years ago might not have been served at a local restaurant can now stand before you to take a most sacred oath. " I am so blessed to be alive, to witness all of this.

I'm ready to watch him change the face of America! To all the those who don't believe in him, I live you with this quote, "...our spirit is stronger and cannot be broken; you cannot outlast us, and we will defeat you." -President Obama

2 comments:

T.T said...

Beautiful posting.
I'm just as proud as you are, cousin.

Anonymous said...

Well said! I, too, felt enormous pride in our country on Tuesday.