BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, January 2, 2009

Today was a good day!

I went from headbands to ponypoofs! I love it!!! Natural hair ROCKS!


So, today was a little crazy. This morning, as I was getting ready for work, my director calls to tell me she nor the assistant director will be in. So, in so many words, she asks me to help run the center, along with the Cook. Let me just say....WE DID IT! I'd like to take some credit, but really it was all God!

Okay, I left out some stuff....let me start again... my church (and I) started our fast for the year TODAY. As apart of this fast, we are to deny our flesh for a spiritual and natural purpose. I was really scared about this at first, because anyone who knows me, knows...I LOVE TO EAT! I was like, 'Lord I really want to do this for you...but I really want to eat too.' So I decided on a partial fast (I'm fasting ALL meats and secular music) and I've done great so far (it hasn't even been 24hrs, lol)! In addition to fasting, we are to pray 3 times a day. So.. like I was saying it was ALL GOD! Back to the story....

The assistant director actually DID come in, but only for an hour (if that), to pass out checks (PAY DAY BABY!!!)and send the total head count to corporate. In her hour, she went looney and sent 2 teachers home, I had already sent home one with a family emergency, leaving me & Maria to figure out lunch breaks AND afternoon coverage. The teachers she sent home were closers and she upset one of them pretty bad, because they wanted their hours (I would have been upset too, who doesn't want their hours). I had to call and ask the same teacher that the Assistant Director sent home all upset, to come back (if she could). She wasn't having it and she almost had me convinced that she wasn't coming back. BUT...in my midday prayer, I asked God to speak to her heart and guess what...she showed up this afternoon! That's God for you! The afternoon went by like the snap of my fingers, I even did a tour, for a new family (HOPEFULLY). I closed the center at 10 after 6...set the alarm and everything! All this responsibility comes on the day after I set my goals for the year, in which one of them was to secure a management position, while excelling in my current position. Coincidence? I think not.

I ate a fortune cookie at lunch that said: Practice makes perfect! This is true and to achieve my goals...I must practice, practice, practice!

Another amazing thing happened today! My check was short...I don't know how, but it was and I didn't have enough to pay all the bills I had planned to. I paid what I could, of course, but I was completely at peace with the situation. Me, being at peace, when money (or the lack there of) is invovled is TRULY God. In just 1 day (like I said...it hasn't been 24hrs yet) God has done so much for me. I can only IMAGINE what the rest of the year is going to be like!

GO GOD!

1 comments:

T.T said...

I'm so proud of you, Lovin'. I enjoy watching your faith grow stronger with each passing day. The Lord will definitely provide. He has yet to fail you... or me. We must believe that things will only get better.
Your post has inspired me in my present state of slothfulness.
Thank you.