
So, Wednesday is my FAVORITE day of the week and has been for a while, but yesterday was just a bad day! My co-teacher and I got into it (we're okay now), it was rainy and gross outside, my "CRUSH" has a girlfriend (YES I have a crush @ 26...I couldn't believe it either), AND to top it all off I got SICK!
Now, when I say sick, I don't mean a little nauseous...I mean SICK, throwing up and some other things that I should keep to myself. Needless to say it was TERRIBLE! I thought it was something I ate, so I called my Director when I woke up and told her I was going to try and sleep it off and come in a few hours late. She said okay...a few minutes later my co-teacher calls me to say she's sick too! Ugh! At 10am, I had to literally PRAY myself out of bed, throw up some more, get dressed, and go to work...I hadn't been there 10 minutes when they told me to go home! I went GLADLY, after I did Circle Time, of course (because my kids only listen to me and Jennifer--ahh 2 year olds ;-} ).
I was at home ALL day, slipping in and out of consciousness, willing myself to get out of bed and move around. Being sick is mental. Isn't everything, though? I kept telling myself, "I'm only as sick as I feel..." Here and there it worked an other times I was feeling pretty sick. I didn't realize how great my friends were, until I was sick!! Everyone was sending me notes on FB, texting me, calling me, and even coming by to take care of me! Let me just say, MY FRIENDS ROCK!!!! What's even better, I didn't have to want for anything today! God provided everything (as promised Matt 6:25-26)!
I'm feeling about 75% better now and I'm so thankful for all my friends who took care of me and wished me well!
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Being sick sucks!!!
Posted by Shanika at 11:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I'm so glad that you're feeling better now. Hopefully you're on the road to a complete recovery, if you're not there already.
Ms. O'Neal has been felling pretty bad, too. I took her to the Dr. this morning who recommended that she stay home from school today, which she did.
Oh, and the kids and I went to church on Wed. eve. Each of us had a great time in our respectable groups. T1 was even invited to go ice skating w/the youth group tomorrow. It'll be his first time & he's looking fwd to it.
God never breaks his promise(s), and I'm glad to see that you're making it through.
Post a Comment